Vacancy - Lecturer in Motion Design
The Department of Motion Design in the Open Window School of Film Arts seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Motion Design. The successful candidate will join enthusiastic academics and professionals in Open Window’s School of Film Arts – an interdisciplinary school comprising Film and TV, Motion Design, Sound, 3D Animation, Game Design, Screen Acting, Production Design and Screenwriting.
The candidate should have a relevant NQF Level 8 Honours Degree, or higher. For example: Visual Communication/Animation/Motion Graphics (or related fields) and a minimum of three years industry experience in Motion Design/Motion Graphics/VFX Compositing.
- Undergraduate lecturing in Motion Design
- Participation in strategic initiatives related to teaching, creative production, research and social engagement
- Contributing generally to the work and culture of the School of Film Arts
- In-depth general knowledge of the field of animation production and/or motion graphics and compositing.
- Display strong conceptual considerations and practical experience in digital animation and/or motion design
- Expert knowledge of software: Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Additional 3D and compositing skills are advantageous: Autodesk 3D Studio Max/Maya or Blender 3D, Foundry Nuke, Blackmagic Fusion, Natron or Element 3D
- Display expert skills in 2D and 3D asset production, animation, VFX and/or compositing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- See attachment below for further job and application details.
Many Open Window lecturers, in addition to their academic roles, are actively engaged in creative practice. Our investment in highly qualified and industry relevant staff is deemed critical in directing our students in work-integrated learning projects of value.