Vacancy - Lecturer Visual Communication
The Department of Visual Communication in the Faculty of the Arts at Tshwane University of Technology has a permanent position for a Lecturer at the Arts Campus. Closing date is 11 October 2019
- Master’s Degree in Design or equivalent related qualification.
- Three years of teaching experience at tertiary level.
- Must be skilled and knowledgeable in User Experience and Interaction Design.
- Advanced computer literacy in UX/UI related software is essential.
Candidates should be able to show a professional UX/UI portfolio of recent work. Online/hybrid teaching experience and methodsas well as a proven track record of research experience is strongly recommended.
- Send your CV to: Recruitment5@tut.ac.za
- Enquiries Mr. H Botes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tel (012) 382 6162/6145
- Ref: 19/351
- Teach any of the Interaction design modules in the Integrated Communication Design programme on all levels, as well as the assessment of students. Competency in UX, UI, and Motion Design must be shown.
- Be responsible for administrative tasks relating to teaching and learning.
- Be involved in Departmental and Faculty related activities, committees and projects.
- Be responsible for research, publishing in accredited journals as well as supervising, Advanced diploma, and postgraduate students.
- Be involved in Curriculum Development; Compile study guides and set of examination papers.
- Work Integrated Learning, subject meetings and planning of other related responsibilities.
- Industry liaison and visits, community service and the development of new study material will also be required.
If we have not responded within a month of the closing date, you should regard your application as unsuccessful. Correspondence will be entered into only with short-listed candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be required to undergo psychometric tests and any other simulation interventions. Candidates are also required to complete the application form for employment. The application is available on the University’s website, share point and the University’s intranet.