The Open Window School of Visual Communication seeks to appoint three lecturers.
- Lecturer in Three-Dimensional Design. Three-Dimensional Design (3DD) explores the design, function and flow of physical objects and products and constructed spaces. The shape and form of products are heavily influenced by how we interact with the world.
- Lecturer / Subject Manager in Interactive Development (Application focus)
- Lecturer / Subject Manager in Interactive Development (Web focus)
Deadline: COB 15th of March 2020
The successful candidate will join enthusiastic academics and professionals in Open Window’s School of Creative Technologies – an interdisciplinary school including Interaction Design and Interactive Development. Interactive Development explores the programming, development and support of various digital products including the creation of engaging and useful websites as well as mobile application development for the growing mobile world.
The Open Window (OW) is an accredited private education institution recognised for setting innovative standards in the visual arts and digital sciences. Founded in 1994 with a focus on providing a unique tertiary platform where practice-led tuition links traditional fine art practice with the applied arts, we place emphasis in ongoing innovation to curricula in consideration of the rapidly evolving creative arts industries.
In addition to their academic roles, many Open Window lecturers are actively engaged in creative practice. Our investment in highly qualified and industry-relevant staff is deemed critical in directing our students in work-integrated learning projects of value.
The School of Creative Technologies seeks to appoint a lecturer for the subject Three- Dimensional Design in a permanent post.
Responsibilities & Duties – Lecturer:
- The responsibilities and duties of a lecture include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teach at an undergraduate level in the subject .
- Update course content when relevant and record and finalise achievements within the subject.
- Provide course notes, mentor students, conduct formative and summative assessments
- Attend and participate in Open Window related events.
- Participate and support in strategic initiatives related to teaching, creative production, research and social engagement for both the subject and the School of Creative Technologies.
- The applicant is also required to maintain links to, and keep up with the industry.
- Good language and communication skills.
- Good time management.
- An interest in emerging technologies.
- A technical, creative and inquisitive mindset.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic about the field of Industrial Design and a good grasp of the industry.
- A willingness to research new materials, manufacturing and theories.
- Learn new skills.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s overall experience as communicated through the application in relation to The Open Window’s policies and procedures. No additional benefits are on offer other than a Retirement Annuity which The Open Window contributes towards outside of your remuneration package.
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your CV with a motivational cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position, link to portfolio (if possible) to both:
Head of School: Carly Whitaker
Subject Manager: Welmarie Momberg
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements. Should you not receive a response within two months after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
The Open Window reserves the right to retract the position advertised without notice.